Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Icing on the Cards

When I first saw the new catalog at convention back in July I was immediately drawn to the Wonderland paper pack. I loved the colors because it was something different from the traditional red and green of holiday papers. Plus, I am partial to the chocolate and blue combo (those are the colors of my bedroom). Another thing I loved was the snowflake patterns. Sonwflakes are perfect for holiday cards because they celebrate winter and not one particular religious holiday. I LOVE Christmas and enjoy all of the festivities, celebrations and for me remembering "the reason for the season". But, I also have friends of many other faiths on my holiday card list so I try and make some winter cards as well as traditional Christmas cards. When i really looked closely at the accessories that go with the Wonderland paper pack I was especially excited by the Icing Overlays. They are  beautifully printed clear acrylic overlays that coordinate perfectly with the Wonderland papers. I knew immediately that I wanted to design a holiday card workshop using the Icing Overlays.

November was my month to teach the creative project to our consultant group so I decided to get to work on my idea. After all who better to test out a workshop idea than other consultants. Here are the cards I came up with.


I designed 10 cards using the Wonderland Papers, Icing Overlays, Rhinestone Designer Brads, and Stardust Glitter Gel as well as ribbon and clear sparkles. Here are some pictures of the individual cards.
Card 1

Card 2

Card 3

Card 4

Card 5


Card 6
Card 7


Card 8

Card 9

Card 10

I love how they came out and I had so much fun creating and teaching this workshop. Since I created a full cutting guide and full color instructions to share with my consultant group I decided to also post them on the CTMH consultants' bulletin board. The response was huge, I am so flattered that some many other consultants are enjoying these cards too. So since I am in the sharing mood here are the links to the printable  cutting guide along with the supply list and directions to make these cards for yourself.

Directions and Supply list with photos

Cutting Guide


If you would like to order supplies to make your own, you can do so on my website by clicking HERE.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it