Monday, February 28, 2011

Use My Sraps Swap

A while back I was browsing on The CTMH consultant site Bulletin Boards and saw a post for a "Use Up My Scraps" Swap,  The hostess was cleaning out her craft room and would send everyone who participated in each group (of 4 people) a package of identical scraps. We were then to use those scraps to make up four identical cards to send back to her. She in turn will send us back four different cards using the same scraps. I thought it sounded like a fun idea so I signed up for five different groups. Somehow since the groups were small I never did the math and realized that I would be expected to make 20 cards...my bad.

When I got the package in the mail it wasn't quite what I had expected, although I have no idea what I really was expecting. Each package contained a scrap or two of patterned paper and some sort of embellishment in multiples of four. Some of the scraps were pretty small and at first I was a bit overwhelmed as to what to do with them. I set the package aside and decided I would come back to it later when I had more creative mojo. Well, life got in the way as it has a tendency to do and before I knew it the deadline was quickly approaching.

Last weekend I took out the package again and decided to get to work. The rules were pretty simple.
Use the scraps provided, do consultant quality work, use only CTMH stamps but other papers/embellishments etc are ok. 

I forgot to take pictures of the first two sets of scraps before I did my cards but here is what I came up with. I can't wait to see everyone else's designs.

Get Well Soon - This one had the small striped piece of Magnifique and the larger piece the cow is stamped on along with the chocolate ribbon. I did not cut either scrap for this one. I used the Howdy stamp set and stamped the cow on the back side of the patterned paper and colored it with my copics. The background is bulk paper from Caboodle. Inside says "hope you feel butter soon" and has the spilt milk image.


Child's Birthday -  The scraps for this one were the sorbet patterned paper behind the image and the circles pattern that I stamped the sentiment on, both are from Caboodle. She also included the brads. I have been wanting to use the new Birthday Blast stamp set and I thought the colors from Caboodle would make a cute dragon. I think it's a fun card. 


New Baby - Here is a picture of the scraps/ embellishments I received for this one along with the card I made.


I don't remember this paper so it must be older, before my time. I decided to use the Love You Forever Stamp set on this one. I paper pieced the birds and the flower with scraps from Twitterpated (nest, birds and sky background) and Sophia (wings and flower). I colored the branch and leaves with my copics and added a blush brad, yellow pearls in the center of the flowers and yellow ribbon bows. Sweet.



Wedding - Here is a picture of the scraps for this group.
I used the Cocoa side of the large piece of paper and added some Juniper cardstock as a mat. I then embossed a cake image from the Piece of Cake stamp set using silver pearl on Colonial White cardstock. I stamped "bliss" using the chocolate alpahbet and Cocoa ink on the smaller scrap. The entire card front is embossed using my cuttlebug and a sizzix embossing folder. It was hard to get a good picture of the white on white image but it is really pretty in person.



Blank - These are the scraps I received for the "blank" group.


There were anything goes groups and blank groups and I wasn't sure what the difference was really. I decided that "blank" just meant anything goes...with no sentiment inside. Since I really have spring fever this is what I came up with.

A sweet little spring or Easter card. I love those little ducks from the Springtime stamp set. I paper pieced the umbrella and the ducks and added some paper flowers and gems.

All in all this was a fun swap to participate in once my creative mojo was flowin. I would love to do another swap like this with some of my local stampin' friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it