Monday, February 28, 2011

Birthdays...everybody's got one!

Everyone has a birthday and who doesn't love a handmade birthday card to celebrate the day. I recently had a birthday card workshop where we created 10 fun cards with a little something for everybody.

Here are the cards we made. 

I usually have a hard time with making cards for guys but as soon as I saw this stamp set I knew I could use it for some man friendly cards. I love the movement created by generational stamping.

Supplies Used: All supplies are CTMH unless otherwise noted
 Paper -Lucky B&T , Barn Red and Outdoor Denim and Colonial White cardstock
Stamps - Enjoy Life
Inks - Chocolate, Olive, Outdoor Denim
Embellishments - Buttons in green and brown, Colonial white twill ribbon

We all love birthday foods, and what makes you more happy than cupcakes and ice cream cones?

Supplies Used:
Papers - Sweet Home and Caboodle B&T, Sorbet and Indian Corn Blue cardstock
Stamps - Cupcake Sprinkles, Fanfare WOTG
Inks - Indian Corn Blue, Garnet, Buttercup (Sweet Home), Desert Sand, Sorbet, Crystal Blue (Caboodle)
Embellishments - Sorbet stitched ribbon

How cute and easy are these cards? I first saw this idea on Vicki Wizniuk's blog at Christmas time and she apparently CASEd it from someone else. I love how CTMH consultants share their ideas, it's such creative inspiration.  These cards are a great way to use up all those little scraps we all save and I love the way they look no matter what papers you use.

Supplies Used:
Papers - Sophia and Magnifique B&T, Hollyhock, White Daisy, Pacifica and Colonial White cardstock
Stamps- Card Chatter- Birthday, Party Pennants
Inks - Hollyhock, Pear (Sophia), Chocolate, Pacifica (Magnifique)
Ribbon - Hollyhock stitched and Chocolate


This one was one of my teen cards. I wanted something you could give to a teenage boy and this is what I came up with. Again I love the movement created on the rocker by stamping second generation shadows behind the main image.

Supplies Used:
Papers - Rock Star B&T,  Colonial White Cardstock
Stamps - Extreme
Inks - Goldrush, Olive, Outdoor Denim
Edge Distresser
Silver Brads from my stash


This one was my teen girl card. I love this stamp set. It is my go to set for teen girls and I have used it for birthdays, graduations and congratulations cards.

Supplies Used:
Papers - Sweetheart B&T, Hollyhock, Black and Colonial White cardstock
Stamps- Be Yourself, Card Chatter - birthday
Inks - Cotton Candy and Black
Paper flowers and gems from my stash


These are two more cards that I CASEd from Vicki Wizniuk's blog. She has some awesome ideas!  I decided to use the same layout to make one masculine and one feminine version. I love how you can take the same design and completely change the look by just changing the papers and colors. 

Supplies Used:
Papers - Caboodle and Fanfare B&T, Crystal Blue, Colonial White, Cranberry and White Daisy cardstock
Inks - Black, Outdoor Denim, Crystal Blue
Fiskars Scalloped edge punch

I had a great turnout for this workshop and we all had a great time creating birthday cards to use throughout the year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it