Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Little More Mistletoe


Last year I did a Christmas card class where each person made 20 cards using simple mix and match layouts with papers from the Mistletoe paper pack.

It was one of my best attended classes to date. However, when I was calculating how much paper I needed to order for the class I accidentally DOUBLED the order! So, this year I have LOTS of left over Mistletoe paper. It's ok because I really do love the classic Christmas colors (Cranberry, Olive and Chocolate) and the simple elegant designs of Mistletoe.

Somehow, when I moved out of state my Christmas card list grew. Not that I am complaining, I am glad so many of my friends want to stay in touch.When I got to Utah I told my friend Angie I needed to make more Christmas cards and she was game so we got out the Mistletoe papers and the Christmas stamp sets I had saved from the jumble of the storage unit and set to work. Here are just a few of the cards I created. I sent about 60 cards this year, hoping to get at least half that many in return.





I even helped Angie create this year's Christmas card 
from the Dean family (although I forgot to take a pic of it).
And she happily created lots of cards on her own (I didn't take pics of those either, oh well)
I think I have converted her to my form of therapy. 

2 comments:

Tamra Young-Pope said...

What wonderful cards. I'd take your class.

Becca said...

Hi Leanne: these are amazing....the papers are very nice too. If you ever have extra cards or want to host a card night can you please contact me and I can give you information on my charity cardmaking site: http://www.kardsforkidshsc.blogspot.com. I would love to send some of your cards to the kids. We sent 565 cards this year..the biggest ever. I would like the site to grow and possibly have a "Smiley" cardmaking team. If you interested in making cards quarterly for the kids in the hemotology/oncology in Toronto..please let me know. Have a wonderful new year and just love peeking in here on your site. xo Bela

Post a Comment

Pin it