Saturday, November 20, 2010

Take Note

Here is another great idea for a cool gift this year.
I love dry erase boards. They come in very handy for 
messages, reminders, shopping lists etc.
BUT
They are usually so gosh darn UGLY. 

By altering a picture frame you can create your own 

F~A~B~U~L~O~U~S

Dry erase note board. 

Here is one I did with the Maginfique papers from CTMH. 
Isn't it pretty?

 

For this one I used the Cherry-O papers (also from CTMH) and some 
of the coordinating My Stickease stickers. 



The grocery lists for both of these were printed on the computer. 

Both of the frames are 11" x 14" and  were found at a thrift store for $2.99 each. 
Of course you could go out and buy new frames but for me this was so much more cost effective 
and I  love re-purposing something and making it new again. 


Just remove whatever is inside and create your inside just as 
you would any scrapbook page only in the 11" x 14" size.
I used a piece of poster board as my base.  Be sure to use only flat 
embellishments since the glass still needs to go on top.

Once you have created your note board page just replace the glass 
and use any dry erase marker to write directly on the glass. 

I found colorful dry erase markers at Target and attached them with velcro
so they are handy whenever you need them.

I love how you could make one of these to match any decor. 
If you make one send me a link so I can checck it out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea!

Post a Comment

Pin it